Boys Freshmen lose a close game to Northview 47-43, behind Timothee Larmande’s 18 points

The boys freshman basketball team lost a close game to Northview on Thursday 47-43. Dynamite shooting guard Timothee Larmande had another fantastic game with 18 points, including 5 three-pointers. However, the boys started off very slow from the three-point line coming out game 0-5 from behind the arc.

“After starting out stone-cold, I was able to bounce back finishing 5 for 9 from the three-point line,” said Timothee.

Timothee’s dominance extended when he hit a huge three to give the Rangers a 7 point lead with 6 minutes left in the fourth quarter.The Rangers did a great job executing their game plan around the rim but struggled to pull away in the end. 

“We did a great job eliminating second-chance points for them, which allowed us to have the lead going into the fourth quarter. We just didn’t make enough plays to close it out and sometimes that’s basketball. ” Assistant coach Matt Ellis said.

This game concludes conference play for the Freshmen and keeps them in second place in the standings, giving Northview the conference title. Coaches Adam Monroe and Matt Ellis are extremely proud of the boys for their fight throughout conference play.

“We are really proud of the fight that our kids gave. They dug in and gave everything they had and are very disappointed in the outcome,” said Matt.

The coaches hope that this will bring the kids closer together and make them stronger as they continue their Rangerball careers. 

The Rangers are now 14-4 on the season and 10-2 in conference play. With two games remaining against Grandville and Unity Christian, the boys hope to close out the season on a high note.