• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

Forest Hills JV Water polo goes 2-2 in Jenison JV Tournament

In their third trip to Jenison of the season, the girls JV water polo team went 2-2 in the second Jenison JV tournament of the year. The girls defeated Hudsonville and Zeeland while taking a couple of losses to East Kentwood and Rockford along the way. Sophomore Rachel Schenk played some incredible defensive, recording a team-high in blocks and steals Friday night against Rockford. 

The first game came Friday night against the Rockford Rams, which was the first meeting of the season between the two teams. Rachel set two team records on the defensive end, recording 3 blocks and 6 steals on the game. Freshman Sofia Johnson scored the most goals for the ladies with 3 and an assist from fellow freshman Olivia Booth, as they fell 6-5 in an OT heartbreaker.

The next game for FH came in their third match of the season against the Hudsonville Eagles. Freshman Caroline Bell had an outstanding game offensively, scoring a hat trick and facilitating for her teammates Sofia Johnson and Avery Verlinde. Ella Fauson put on some solid defensive play, helping FH hold off a feisty Hudsonville team for the third time. The ladies came back and won 5-4.

FH took on Zeeland next, who they had recently played just a couple of weeks ago. It was a battle for the ladies, as Zeeland’s defense showed up to play. Rachel and Avery had 2 goals each on the offensive end, while Rachel totaled 2 steals just behind the team-high; Ella Fauson led the team scoring-wise with 3 goals. The ladies took the win 6-3 over the Chix.

Finally, FH took on the East Kentwood Falcons in a highly anticipated last game. Sofia Johnson was big on the offensive end with a goal and a whopping 4 steals on the defensive end. Avery did a great job of facilitating, dishing out a couple of assists while grabbing a steal as well defensively.

Forest Hills now stands at 8-4 heading into a big game against West Ottawa. The ladies will need to keep playing consistently in order to defeat the Panthers in what should be an excellent game.

Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...