Boys JV lacrosse routs Forest Hills Eastern 15-1

On Thursday, the boys JV lacrosse team faced off against the Hawks at Forest Hills Eastern and took home the win 15-1.

Right off the faceoff, FHC took advantage of their skill and speed and ran the field in transition. Freshman Nathan Sargeant ran up the field and took a shot, starting the Hawks out on a 1 point deficit. After that, the Rangers dominated the game with that exact tempo.

The defense, led by sophomore Sawyer Bosch and freshman goalie Charlie Mehney, stopped the Hawks possession-after-possession and pushed the ball up to the offense. After that, a goal would come just about every shot, and the Rangers shocked their opponent. Nathan was a key player and tied sophomore Collin Ward with a team-high 4 goals. Many of these goals came in the first half, as the Rangers were up 9-0 when the horn blew.

The second half was more of the same for FHC. Right off the gate, Collin scored a heater top left to start the Rangers off well. Later in the game, he continued to score and eventually finished off with 4 goals. The whole second half, the Rangers worked their offense to the max, putting down 15 goals on the Hawks. The defense also had an impressive game, only allowing 1 goal that happened late in the second half.

This win for the Rangers brings them to 5-1, with their next game being at home against Hudsonville on Tuesday, April 22.