• BREAKING NEWS: Last day of school is 6/7 with no days to be added

• Senior graduation: 5/21 at 7 p.m.

JV water polo team pulls out a victory against Grand Haven 11-5

Coming off a great win against West Ottawa last week, the Forest Hills JV water polo team picked up another win yesterday over the Grand Haven Buccaneers. Freshman Avery Verlinde led all scoring for the ladies with 3 goals, with help from Sofia Johnson, Caroline Bell, and Sarah Chesner, who scored her first goal of the season. FH looks forward to its next game against Rockford tomorrow night.

FH got off to a great start at both ends of the floor, as Avery Verlinde scored her hat-trick early in the first couple minutes. The defense played extremely well also, as sophomore Rachel Schenk recorded 8 steals on the night. Rachel did a nice job of facilitating the ball, leading the team with 3 assists on the night. In the second half, the ladies extended their lead and eventually won the game 11-5.

The win last night improves Forest Hills’ record to 10-4, as the attention is now shifted to a rematch against Rockford. FH defeated the Rams earlier in the season and later fell to them in the Jenison JV Tournament just a couple weeks ago. To win this game, the ladies will need to play a much better offensive game than last time around.

Tommy Spaletto, Sports Report

Tommy Spaletto is a junior at FHC and enters his second year on the staff. He looks to finish out his remaining years in high school and he sees journalism...