Boys JV tennis destroys Lowell in season finale 8-2

Tommy Spaletto

More stories from Tommy Spaletto

Ally Francisco
May 22, 2020
Kelsey Toole
May 17, 2020
Aspen Strauss
April 29, 2020
Ella Kelly
April 24, 2020

A dominating effort is just what the boys JV tennis team needed to cap off a great season with a win against the Lowell Red Arrows 8-2. One phenomenal performance that stood out came from the pair of junior Jannis Jacobs and freshman Leo Treash, blowing out their opponents 6-2, 6-1.

The turning point came when sophomore Aidan O’ Meara and junior Shane Hubble came back from a 6-2 deficit to win the game in extra sets.

“I would say it went well,” Aidan said. “We definitely turned things around being down 6-2 and just finished strong.”

Three out of the ten matches went into extra sets, and FHC only lost one of them. Freshmen Noah Moore and Flo Loewen really pulled through in the longest extra set match of the day and got a much-needed win. Other dominating wins came from the team of sophomore Devin Holcomb and freshman Hezekiah Lane, who won both of their matches 6-1. The sophomore duo of Eli Romijn and Sam Cooper also picked up a key early win, winning 6-3. 

Coach Jeremy Moog was proud of the consistency from his players.

“Our guys have been a lot more consistent than they have in the past,” Moog said. “We had some close matches and they kept fighting all the way until the end, so I’m happy with that.”

This was a great finish for the JV tennis team, as they snap the five-game losing streak they had before. Unfortunately, FHC did not win the OK White conference. But last night, they looked like a team that could take on anyone in the district.

“We won almost all our matches tonight and that’s just great to see,” Moog said. “It’s great to end on a high note with this group of guys.”